Are you creative, hard working and passionate about writing? Do you have an opinion to share, a story to tell or facts to report?
Are you proficient with the different social media platforms? Or are you a budding web coder or photographer looking to improve your skills? Maybe you’re just a future entrepreneur hoping to practice your managerial and marketing skills.
If you think you have what it takes to join our dedicated team, apply now by emailing us at email@example.com
The current available positions are listed below:
• English Section
– Editor-at-Large: Senior board position. Responsibilities are mostly holistic, and include working alongside the Editor-in-Chief and Associate Editor to ensure quality content.
– Junior Editors: Five Junior Editor positions are available. Each Junior Editor is responsible for ensuring the prosperity of his or her section (News, Opinions, Lifestyle, Arts & Culture, and Sports). Proficiency in English is necessary and tasks include primarily editing all incoming articles under their sections, finding interesting and timely topics for writers to cover and following up on writers’ progress.
– Copy Editors: Look for layout and visual discrepancies in the final product before printing.
– Layout Editor/Designer: Responsible for print layout, which entails compiling articles and pictures designing the format of the newspaper using Adobe InDesign. The Layout Designer can help introduce changes to the newspaper to improve its structure and make it more visually appealing.
– Proofreader: Detects and corrects grammar and punctuation mistakes in the final stage of editing. The Proofreader must possess excellent writing skills, and pay very close attention to detail.
– Web Editor: Responsible for ensuring that all articles are in proper format before uploading to the website. The position requires time management and organization skills, as the Web Editor uploads articles at a set time each week.
• Arabic Section
– Arabic Editor (محرر): Senior editing position. Oversees the content creation process and ensures a high quality for the Arabic section. Position requires proficiency in Arabic, leadership skills, and teamwork orientation.
– Arabic Associate Editors (نائب المحرر): Manage the News, Opinions, Arts & Culture, and Sports sections and edit all incoming articles. The Associate Editors also find suitable topics and follow-up on writers’ progress.
– Proofreader (المدقق اللغوي): Detects and corrects grammar and punctuation mistakes in the final stage of editing. The Proofreader must possess excellent writing skills and pay very close attention to detail.
– Copy Editors (مدقق النسخة): Look for layout and visual discrepancies in the final product before printing.
– Arabic Web Editor: Responsible for ensuring that all articles are in proper format before uploading to the website. The position requires time management and organization skills, as the Web Editor uploads articles at a set time each week.
• Both English and Arabic
– Archivist: Responsibilities include collecting, sorting and providing archival information for research purposes. The Archivist helps all writers obtain and verify historical information regarding both AUB and Outlook. Maintains and organizes Outlook’s archives.
• Business and Social Media Teams
– Business and PR Representatives: Tasks are divided, and include building strategies to increase the newspaper’s circulation and readership, ensuring advertisers and sponsors, planning events and managing public relations.
– Social Media Team Members: Manage Outlook’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts. Team members regularly update them with articles, posts, and important announcements and generate content that ensures interactive and creative feeds.
• Multimedia Team
(Responsibilities for this team may often overlap. If you are interested in more than one position, kindly mention it in your email).
– Multimedia Project Manager/Director: Serves as a specialist to plan, direct, and coordinate the development of multimedia projects.
– Video and Audio Editors: Responsible for assembling raw video and audio materials using software of choice.
– Content Creators: Responsible for generating video content, including short news clips, interviews and footage from AUB related events.
– Photographers: Cover events around campus and for feature stories.
– Graphic Designers: Produce creative pieces such as posters, infographics, and advertisements for events, and may also be responsible in introducing changes to layout. Graphic Designers must have innovative ideas and knowledge of industry software.
Any article submissions by AUB students who are not Outlook members but who wish to become Staff Writers must be approximately 500 words and of journalistic quality. Submissions will be subject to review by the Outlook Board. Students may also choose to submit a photo and caption if available.